Sunday, June 14, 2009
I'm very disappointed in the Obama presidency so far.
1. We still have two wars raging.
2. None of the war criminals are going to be prosecuted.
3. The US is still operating a gulag at Guantanamo.
4. Gay issues are largely being ignored.
5. Government is still keeping too many secrets.
6. The economy is only improving for the investor class.
7. Single payer health insurance is never going to happen.
8. Where are the jobs?
9. Banksters have gotten away scott free with the nations wealth.
10. The Patriot Act is still being used to suppress civil rights.
11. The Bush team is still running Justice and the CIA.
12. Big Oil and the Arabs are still being allowed to plunder the economy.
Actually, for the most part, Obama is giving the country exactly what he promised in the campaign. A moderate, down the middle government. Most of those things on the liberal wish list were not promised during the campaign. Those of us on the left made the mistake of thinking that when democrats controlled the government, a progressive agenda would naturally follow.
Just because liberals expected more than we got doesn't make me any less pissed off at the democrats. We got a big change with Obama, but we would have gotten a big change from any new president with an IQ surpassing 86. We did not get a progressive president when we elected this one.
Republicans would probably be praising the Obama administration if he were only a white man.